Thursday, January 2, 2014

January Currently (my first of 2014 and ever!)

I did it... joined my first linky party! Brought to you by: 

Oh' boy fourth grade


So, for my first EVER linky party, my currently of January 2014 (drumroll please)... 


Listening... Shaun and I just got a few new dressers from IKEA, so we had to move some things out of our bedroom. Like one of Shaun's movie shelves, meaning he had to reorganize. Of course, the movies don't fit but... that's another thing to tackle later!
Loving... I love love LOVE IKEA. I've been twice in the past week alone. We bought two dressers with Christmas money last week, and a part broke so we went back today (yay!!!!!). AND priced out our new bed set we're getting SQUEAL! I feel like I'm finally at home with helping to buy things for our little room. :) 
Thinking... I know, I know, I shouldn't complain since I already HAD until Monday before going back to school. But, I'm not done anything. I had so much I wanted to get done over winter break to try to transition the class into my own, and I'm not even done my grading or lesson planning for next week! Can we just stretch break one more week?? 
Wanting... I had a huge craving for chocolate just now. Must be the stress of everything I have on my to-do list! 
Needing... ok, so I'm making a mailbox for the classroom to get all of those papers organized by student, we're building the second dresser, our room is a DISASTER, and I have a bunch of anchor charts to make... as well as grocery shopping, and laundry. And Shaun's dad is here with us at the moment. I could use being an octopus right now.
Memory and/or Tradition... this year was my first Christmas away from my family, so Shaun and I incorporated some traditions from my home into our first holiday together. Including one I started myself two years ago to get through the holidays in one piece. So this year, I made sure that I had a few mimosas in me before I even started cooking Christmas brunch.

2 comments:

  1. Haha Christmas morning mimosas sound like a great tradition! Congrats on joining your first linky party and on being a new blogger and teacher! I love reading your enthusiasm for everything! Best of luck to you in 2014!

    Danielle
    Carolina Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ikea is amazing!! Enjoy your new purchases!!! Christmas morning mimosas sound like a tradition I need to start!!

    ReplyDelete